Long Beach Community Action Partnership (LBCAP) is partnering with the Long Beach Water Department to provide direct financial assistance to help families currently living in low-income households offset the cost of their water bills accumulated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Water Bill Program
Water Bill Assistance Program for Customers Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
Information on how to apply will be added when the program launches. Check back on May 5
Qualified Long Beach Water Department (LBWD) customers may receive:
- A one-time $200 benefit
- Paid to LBWD and credited directly to your account
- Program funding is limited and distributed on a first come first served basis
Who is eligible (must meet all three requirements):
- Residents with a Long Beach water bill in their name AND
- Households meeting income eligibility requirements (View 2021 Federal Poverty Guidelines), AND
- Households negatively impacted by COVID-19
Important Program Information:
- Program funding is limited and distributed on a first come, first served basis
- The credit will cover water charges only; any gas, sewer or refuse charges are your responsibility
- If you do not have all required documents at the time your application is received, we cannot process your application.
- Throughout the application process, you may receive phone, email or mail correspondence from Long Beach Utilities (Water Department) or the Long Beach Community Action Partnership. You will not receive correspondence from outside or third-party organizations besides these two. Please be mindful of potential outside scams who might reach out to you asking for personal, confidential information.
LBCAP is taking steps to help Long Beach residents experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The Community Economic Relief & Reinvestment Alliance (CERRA) was created to strategically implement safety net services to support the most vulnerable and impacted in our community.
The funding for this program is provided through Long Beach Community Action Partnerships’ Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) for Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. As per Proposition 218 California State law, no water rate payer dollars are contributing to this financial assistance program.
Long Beach Community Action Partnership (LBCAP) was founded in 1979 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community benefit organization. LBCAP is one of 1,100 community action agencies in the United States, established under the Federal Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 to fight America’s War on Poverty. The mission of LBCAP is to provide dynamic pathways to self-sustainability for low-income individuals and families through a wide variety of free services to residents of Long Beach living in low-income households who have experienced educational, social, or economic barriers to self-sustainability.
You may qualify for more LBCAP services:
- Gas or electric bill assistance through LIHEAP
- Basic home weatherization services
- Education Internships for youth and young adults
- Federal and state tax return preparation for individuals and families