Reclaimed Water Service
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
1. Completed Recycled Water Application Form
2. A copy of your plumbing plans, approved by Long Beach Development Services (LBDS) - Building and Safety, which clearly identifies domestic water line(s), backflow prevention device(s), new and/or retrofit reclaimed water line(s), and your desired location of the new reclaimed water service and size
· LBDS address: 333 W. Ocean Blvd., 4th Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802, Phone (562) 570-6651
3. For schools, colleges, and universities, submit a copy of your approved irrigation plan by the Division of State Architect. The same as the drawing requirement from item 1 above, the plans shallclearly identify domestic water line(s), backflow prevention device(s), new and/or retrofit reclaimed water line(s), and your proposed size and location of the new reclaimed water service
4. For recycled water use other than irrigation, an Engineering Report is required.
· Note: The California Regional Water Quality Control Board must approve the report prior to service turn-on. Processing and approval period requires a minimum of one (1) month
1. For applicable fees, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Appendix A on Pages 77-78). The installation fixed fee is based on the size of the meter being requested. Prepare a check for the required amount made payable to Long Beach Water Department
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
1. The typical processing and installation time for your service is approximately 8-10 weeks
2. LBWD will prepare a design drawing for the proposed service installation based on the approved irrigation plans. Prior to design drawing approval, a preconstruction meeting between you and LBWD will be scheduled. You will be required to sign off on the location of your meter at the pre-construction meeting
3. Your meter will be locked and left off after installation until after a cross-connection or shutdown test is properly conducted and passed with the assistance of LBWD and Long Beach Health Department
· Please schedule the Cross-Connection Test by calling the LBWD Backflow Prevention Specialist at (562)-570-2393. Please allow at least seven (7) days for setting up a schedule.
For any questions related to this recycled water service installation request, please contact us at:
Call: (562) 570-2419